How to interact with BPM task using Mobile Device?

Posted by erdsouza on 03-Feb-2015 10:55

Hi All,

I would like to know if exist any doc showing how to consult and complete a task using a mobile device?

Regards,

Eduardo Souza

All Replies

Posted by Jawahar Surapaneni on 03-Feb-2015 20:58

Hi,
In the Developing BPM Applications with BPM Studio guide under Defining Workstep Presentation Format section, we have steps documented in order to define Mobile Type presentation format for a BPM workstep. The online documentation link for the same follows here http://documentation.progress.com/output/ua/OpenEdge_latest/index.html#page/bpm-studio-ug/defining-mobile-presentation.html#wwconnect_header

Once the work step is defined of Mobile type in a process, and deployed in the BP Server, and when the flow reaches the Mobile work step, user need to login to the url specified  from the mobile device  and the work step is available for the particular user logged into the Mobile device. From there, they can perform required operation on that workstep.

In addition to this, Once user defines BPM workstep of type Mobile, it can be interacted from ABL, using the ABL API.
Couple of methods exists where we can get list of PresentationTypes and PresentationUI for the BPM worksteps

METHOD PUBLIC character GetAvailablePresentationTypes ()

Member of Progress.BPM.Task

·  JSP
·  WEBAPP
·  PRIVATE
·  GUI
·  MOBILE
·  TABLET
·  OTHERs

A task must contain at least one presentation type defined for the GetAvailablePresentationTypes()method to return a value.

METHOD PUBLIC character GetPresentationUI (p1 AS character)

Member of Progress.BPM.Task

Returns UNKNOWN if a specified presentation type has no metadata associated with it.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,
Jawahar.

[collapse]
I would like to know if exist any doc showing how to consult and complete a task using a mobile device?

Regards,

Eduardo Souza

Posted by erdsouza on 04-Feb-2015 04:03

Thank you  Jawahar it helps me a lot!!!