OE 11.3.2 BPM process calling Webservices (Corticon)

Posted by laurent KIEFFER on 21-Jul-2014 05:53

Hi

i try to create a BPM process invoking some Webservice (corticon DS).

in the WS adapter when i test it works but at runtime in the oebps.log i can see

21 Jul 2014 12:37:48,528 STDERR ERROR - Permission to install granted
21 Jul 2014 12:37:58,496 OEBPS INFO - AppInfoUtil.loadProcessPropertiesForLocale(ptname, userLocale) | (3014) Properties file loaded for process template UNF2, for locale C:/PROGRE~1/OpenEdge/oebpm/jboss/webapps/deploy/sbm.war/ebmsapps/UNF2/properties
21 Jul 2014 12:38:09,355 OEBPS INFO - OEBPS | Virtual sessions got created for user HTTP session:org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSessionFacade@162a808
21 Jul 2014 12:38:09,402 util.http.Parameters WARN - Parameters: Invalid chunk ignored.
21 Jul 2014 12:40:21,276 util.http.Parameters WARN - Parameters: Invalid chunk ignored.

 and it looks like the DS is called but without any parameter updated ....

What could cause this "Parameters: Invalid chunk ignored." message ?

Regards

All Replies

Posted by Lakshmi Padmaja on 21-Jul-2014 06:47

Hi,
We have noticed these warnings logged in the oebps.log,these warnings are generated by the third party which actually should not affect  the process flow.
Please share more details if there is some problem with the process flow due to below warnings.

Regards,
Lakshmi

[collapse]
[...]

Posted by laurent KIEFFER on 21-Jul-2014 07:02

Hi
I recreated a new rule vocabulary using only string attributes.
Deployed , generated the wsdl.

I also created a simple BPM process (1 step to input data  call the corticon DS , 1 step to visualize the data).
This time the call is correct …
At this point I wonder if there is a problem with some data types as using only string values is working….

Regards

Laurent KIEFFER
Senior Solution Consultant

October 6-8, 2014 | Hilton Orlando, Orlando, Florida
PROGRESS SOFTWARE FRANCE
DIRECT       +33 (0) 4 72 38 52 11
STANDARD  +33 (0) 1 41 16 16 00
MOBILE       +33 (0) 6 15 19 95 95

[collapse]

[...]

[/collapse][/collapse]

Posted by Jawahar Surapaneni on 21-Jul-2014 08:42

Hi,

Apart from String, i have configured this for Integer,Int 64,  DateTime, Decimal types..

Using Webservice adapter, invoked  decision service that was deployed in  Corticon and got the  result back  to  BPM.

Observed no issues with the above mentioned datatypes.

Regards,

Jawahar.

Posted by laurent KIEFFER on 21-Jul-2014 08:52

Hi
On my side I created a new project with only strings and it worked directly…..
So there is something I probably do wrong….
Could you share what you have done ?
Regards

Laurent KIEFFER
Senior Solution Consultant

October 6-8, 2014 | Hilton Orlando, Orlando, Florida
PROGRESS SOFTWARE FRANCE
DIRECT       +33 (0) 4 72 38 52 11
STANDARD  +33 (0) 1 41 16 16 00
MOBILE       +33 (0) 6 15 19 95 95

[collapse]
Apart from String, i have configured this for Integer,Int 64,  DateTime, Decimal types..

Using Webservice adapter, invoked  decision service that was deployed in  Corticon and got the  result back  to  BPM.

Observed no issues with the above mentioned datatypes.

Regards,

Jawahar.

Posted by Jawahar Surapaneni on 21-Jul-2014 09:41

From my end,  i have sent the request to Webservice adapter using Longchar dataslot.

The request to the webservice adapter was generated by selecting Corticon wsdl using ServerAPI

Generally we can access this WSDL, using the following url

http://<hostname>:8082/axis/services/Corticon?wsdl.

By using the same URL, i have configured the Webservice adapter in BPM which accepts, Longchar dataslot as input and also  the same as output in the adapter mapping

My BPM project has

Start -> Activity1 -> WebServiceAdapter -> Activity2 -> End

Associated the Long char dataslots to Activity 1 and Activity 2

After deploying the BPM project, For Activity1, i have passed Request parameter  by adding the decision service name and also the necessary attributes on which the deployed corticon rule listens

For example , my sample request looks like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:urn="urn:Corticon">
  <soapenv:Body>
 <CorticonRequest decisionServiceName="Namesflow" xmlns="urn:CorticonService">
      <WorkDocuments>
        <Dataslots id="Dataslots_id_1">
          <FirstName>Progress</FirstName>
          <LastName>Software</LastName>
          <Num1>18</Num1>
          <Num2>18</Num2>
          <Avg1>12.21</Avg1>
          <Avg2>12.21</Avg2>
          <Prop1>234</Prop1>
          <Prop2>234</Prop2>
          <Sal1>100</Sal1>
          <Sal2>100</Sal2>
           </Dataslots>
      </WorkDocuments>
    </CorticonRequest>
  </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

Coming to my Corticon project, the deployed rule gets triggered, if First Name = Progress and LastName = Software. Please refer to below screen , how my rule sheet looks

Once the Webservice adapter gets executed, in the activity 2, we are able to see the response data as expected.

Can you please let me know, what steps you have followed

Regards,

Jawahar.

Posted by laurent KIEFFER on 21-Jul-2014 10:31

Hi
Briefly here the steps I followed
Corticon :

-        deployed the Corticon DS

-        use the CORTICON deployment console to generate the associated WSDL (using the .ERF file)

OE BPM

-        create the process (1 step to input data , call Webservice , 1 decision step …)

-        Webservice : configure , use the previously generated  WSDL file (I deleted all ‘optional’ entries in this WSDL before using it in OE BPM).

-        Create the Xpath mapping with the input and output parameters

-        Test with some sample

-        Deploy on the BPM server

-        Execute from the BPM portal

Any comment ?
[...]

Posted by Jawahar Surapaneni on 22-Jul-2014 03:38

Hi,

I too followed the similar steps. But the only difference is i am sending the request using LongChar dataslot, which has capability of holding huge content

In Corticon

Generated the WSDL using the corticon deployment console

In OEBPM

Passed the request without applying the Xpath through LongChar dataslot

Where as for the output parameters, defined the Xpath map, and respectively mapped the same to corresponding dataslots(Character, DateTime, Integer etc)

After deploying,  and soon after the execution of Webservice adapter, i was able to see the  expected output in Portal

Pls check the below screen

You can give a try by sending the request using Longchar dataslot.

If possible, can you please share your sample BPM project, so that we can explore and get back to you.

Regards,

Jawahar.

This thread is closed