BusinessProcess vs SystemProcess

Posted by daniel.baciu on 08-May-2014 01:44

Hi,

What is the difference between BusinessProcess and SystemProcess?

I searched into the documentation but i cannot find details about what happens when you define your process as system process.

Thank you.

Posted by Lakshmi Padmaja on 08-May-2014 01:51

Business Process :
Business Process is a process involving multiple worksteps in the form of operations, interactions and notifications performed by a user, group of users , an external adapter or a script.
Business manager does generate events for a Business Process. These events are available to BizStore for reporting activities and to BizPulse engine to apply rules to the Process flow if described any.
System Process :
Ideally a System process comprises of System Adapters only so that there is no human intervention involved. However, it is just a convention, it may even comprise of a human activity worksteps.
Business Manager does not generate any Instance level events (e.g. PI_Created etc) for a System Process. However, it just generate template level event like P_Created,P_Installed etc informing the status of the System Process.

Regards,
Lakshmi

[collapse]
From: daniel.baciu [mailto:bounce-danielbaciu@community.progress.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2014 12:15 PM
To: TU.BPM@community.progress.com
Subject: BusinessProcess vs SystemProcess

Thread created by daniel.baciu

Hi,

I searched into the documentation but i cannot find details about what happens when you define your process as system process.

Thank you.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

All Replies

Posted by Lakshmi Padmaja on 08-May-2014 01:51

Business Process :
Business Process is a process involving multiple worksteps in the form of operations, interactions and notifications performed by a user, group of users , an external adapter or a script.
Business manager does generate events for a Business Process. These events are available to BizStore for reporting activities and to BizPulse engine to apply rules to the Process flow if described any.
System Process :
Ideally a System process comprises of System Adapters only so that there is no human intervention involved. However, it is just a convention, it may even comprise of a human activity worksteps.
Business Manager does not generate any Instance level events (e.g. PI_Created etc) for a System Process. However, it just generate template level event like P_Created,P_Installed etc informing the status of the System Process.

Regards,
Lakshmi

[collapse]
From: daniel.baciu [mailto:bounce-danielbaciu@community.progress.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2014 12:15 PM
To: TU.BPM@community.progress.com
Subject: BusinessProcess vs SystemProcess

Thread created by daniel.baciu

Hi,

Thank you.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

This thread is closed