Workstep gets suspended if the number of retries of executio

Posted by daniel.baciu on 06-May-2014 07:04

Hi all,

I have one process where a work-step loops until a condition is met. After a while it gets suspended with the following error:

Loopcounter for workstep <Processing Message> for PI <MBAInterfaceHeartBeat#3744> has already reached maximum limit of <500>.

I found an article where it mention about the 'activationcount' property. Do you know where it can be set ?

I found a reference in a propoerty setup file. This property seems to be settable from OEBP Portal, but I was not able to find it in OEBP Portal.

Best regards.

Posted by Hari krishna Tirunagari on 06-May-2014 07:55

Hi Daniel,

Please add the following property in bpserver.conf and restart EJB & Portal Servers
bpserver.ws.max.activationcount=5000

The value for the above property can be any BigInt value
This property was removed from the bpserver.conf file.

Thanks,
Hari

[collapse]
From: daniel.baciu [mailto:bounce-danielbaciu@community.progress.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2014 6:09 PM
To: TU.BPM@community.progress.com
Subject: RE: Workstep gets suspended if the number of retries of execution is more than 500

Reply by daniel.baciu

Is there is a way to reset this counter when the work-step is activated ?

My flow is designed to run forever.

I loop through one activity for several times, when a condition is met, I move to other activity (when it send an email) and come back later to looping into the first activity again to loop again.

In my tests the activity is looping less than 20 times after each activation. I guess that the looping counter is not reset and it is continuing to count up from where he was left.

I tried the following: I have this setting in Loop: "Loop by ProcessMessageLoopCtr while (!ProcessedAll)". Even i reset the ProcessMessageLoopCtr on activation of the activity i still get the error.

Daniel.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by Hari krishna Tirunagari on 08-May-2014 03:43

Hi Daniel,

Please change the property name to bizlogic.ws.max.activationcount=-1.

Thanks,
Hari

[collapse]
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2014 12:22 PM
Subject: RE: Workstep gets suspended if the number of retries of execution is more than 500

Reply by daniel.baciu

Hi Hari,

My process is suppose to run forever therefore any limit will be reached someday. I prefer to skip validation somehow..

What I see it didn't work is setting the bpserver.ws.max.activationcount=-1 and having the ProcessType as BusinessProcess. Maybe it works if I change it to SystemProcess. I don't know what other implication this change has.

Daniel.

[/collapse]

All Replies

Posted by daniel.baciu on 06-May-2014 07:38

I loop through one activity for several times, when a condition is met, I move to other activity (when it send an email) and come back later to looping into the first activity again to loop again.

In my tests the activity is looping less than 20 times after each activation. I guess that the looping counter is not reset and it is continuing to count up from where he was left.

I tried the following: I have this setting in Loop: "Loop by ProcessMessageLoopCtr while (!ProcessedAll)". Even i reset the ProcessMessageLoopCtr on activation of the activity i still get the error.

Daniel.

Posted by Swathi Yellavaram on 06-May-2014 07:51

Hi Daniel,

Please refer to OpenEdge® Getting Started: Developing BPM Applications with Developer Studio guide.

Using Advanced tab of Activity workstep properties section.

documentation.progress.com/.../wwhelp.htm

The Activation Limit checkbox is only available for a system process, as defined in

ProcessType attribute in process properties (see Setting process properties on page 119).

Select this checkbox and enter a value (greater than 0), which sets a maximum limit that this

workstep is executed in loop for a process instance at runtime. To execute the workstep loop

indefinitely, specify the value as -1. If no value is specified, the value of the

bpserver.ws.max.activationcount parameter in the

OEBPS_Home\conf\bpserver.conf file is considered as the maximum limit.

Thanks,

Swathi.

Posted by Hari krishna Tirunagari on 06-May-2014 07:55

Hi Daniel,

Please add the following property in bpserver.conf and restart EJB & Portal Servers
bpserver.ws.max.activationcount=5000

The value for the above property can be any BigInt value
This property was removed from the bpserver.conf file.

Thanks,
Hari

[collapse]
Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2014 6:09 PM

Reply by daniel.baciu

Daniel.

[/collapse]

Posted by daniel.baciu on 08-May-2014 01:51

Hi Hari,

My process is suppose to run forever therefore any limit will be reached someday. I prefer to skip validation somehow..

What I see it didn't work is setting the bpserver.ws.max.activationcount=-1 and having the ProcessType as BusinessProcess. Maybe it works if I change it to SystemProcess. I don't know what other implication this change has.

Daniel.

Posted by Hari krishna Tirunagari on 08-May-2014 03:43

Hi Daniel,

Please change the property name to bizlogic.ws.max.activationcount=-1.

Thanks,
Hari

[collapse]
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2014 12:22 PM

Reply by daniel.baciu

Hi Hari,

Daniel.

[/collapse]

Posted by daniel.baciu on 08-May-2014 04:16

Hi Hari,

it works with  bizlogic.ws.max.activationcount=-1.

Thank you.

Posted by sdhavala on 08-May-2014 06:09

Hi Daniel

We need to explicitly reset/initialize the counter value  by using pre/post scripts of an Activity 2. So that when it went to Acitivty1 for looping again, the counter value will start with initial value.

Regards,

satyam

Posted by daniel.baciu on 08-May-2014 06:19

Hi Satyan,

I tried this: on activity completion I reset the counter I defined: ProcessMessageLoopCtr (see my post above). But it didn't solves the problem. The limitation was based on some internal counter which I don't know how to set.

Regards,

Daniel.

This thread is closed