How to take sender from config file

Posted by daniel.baciu on 01-Feb-2014 09:42

Hi,

I want to configure the emailAdaptor to take all email server setting from configuration file. I manage to set it to take the settings for parameters available in Config tab (Host, user, password and few others) from config file.

Here are the settings, maybe someone can use them:

${oebpsemail.properties:oebps.email.outgoing.server}

${oebpsemail.properties:oebps.email.outgoing.server.user}

${oebpsemail.properties:oebps.email.outgoing.server.password}

The probelm i'm having now is to set it to take the sender recipient, the From field, from config file. I wan to set it to be taken from the same config file as User, from ${oebpsemail.properties:oebps.email.outgoing.server.user} parameter. But it accepts only either an valid email address or a dataslot.

The idea is that the server settings as well the email account BPM will use are different between development and production environments, therefore I need a way to set them easily preferably in a single config file.

Currently i use a dataslot and send it at runtime. For this reason I have to store it in the application config file and i would like to use the value already set in server's config, as mentioned above.

Thank you,

Daniel

Posted by Praveena Ampaty on 03-Feb-2014 00:31

Hi Daniel,

We have an existing issue for Message fields not accepting notation ${filename:property}. Alternatively you can send this notation from dataslot mapping dialog instead of using dataslot in from field. i.e., if you do not specify any value in from field and selecting OK in configuration will show up from field in dataslot mapping, there you can specify the notation and can pass value from conf file.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Praveena

All Replies

Posted by Praveena Ampaty on 03-Feb-2014 00:31

Hi Daniel,

We have an existing issue for Message fields not accepting notation ${filename:property}. Alternatively you can send this notation from dataslot mapping dialog instead of using dataslot in from field. i.e., if you do not specify any value in from field and selecting OK in configuration will show up from field in dataslot mapping, there you can specify the notation and can pass value from conf file.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Praveena

Posted by daniel.baciu on 03-Feb-2014 01:16

Hi Praveena,

I didn't noticed that I can enter any text in the selection list in the mapping dialog box. I put the @{filename:property} and it works just fine.

Thank you.

This thread is closed