Instructions not included in the mail

Posted by daniel.baciu on 27-Jan-2014 07:55

Hi,

I created an activity with "Send mail to performer and complete if answered" flag set. I the Fields section of the Property I set "Link instruction to dataslot" and i chosen one text dataslot. In the mail I got when the activity was activated I got the name of the dataslot instead of it's value, like below.

Instruction:

@HandlingInstructions

Is there a way to get the value of the dataslot?

Thank you ,

Daniel.

Posted by Praveena Ampaty on 31-Jan-2014 06:37

Yes this is an issue, and we have logged the issue in our bug tracking system

Thanks,

Praveena

All Replies

Posted by Praveena Ampaty on 28-Jan-2014 01:40

Hi Daniel,

I have tried reproducing the issue and is able to get the given dataslot value for the instruction in email as follows. In Can you please let me know which version of PDSOE is the issue seen and any additional step you were following?

Email Output:

{chr1}=[Value of dataslot Instruction]

Note: I have given dataslot value as 'Value of dataslot Instruction'

Steps Followed:

1. Create a diagram as follows

Start -> Activity1 -> Activity2 -> Activity3 - > End

2. Create a character dataslot

3. Add character dataslot to 3 activities from fields section

4. Open Activity2 properties, check link instructions to dataslot checkbox and select created character dataslot from dropdown

5.  Select Activity2 advanced properties. Select On Activation tab, check send email to performer and complete if answered checkbox

6. Save the process and publish to server

7. Create an instance, open acitivty1 and specify any value for character dataslot and complete the step

8. Open Activity2 and observe the character dataslot value is shown in instructions and in dataslot. Complete the step

9. Open email and observe the value of instruction.

Thanks,

Praveena

Posted by daniel.baciu on 30-Jan-2014 05:17

Hi Praveena,

I repeat the steps you proposed and I still get no replacement.

Here are few more details:

- i change to use the text template

- I add the following in assignedwi.etl: ${PCTX.WS_INSTRUCTION}

-  In Activity properties I linked the instructions to dataslot. As result the following text had been automatically add in the Instructions editor: @ErrorHandlingInstructions.

- Running the flow i get a mail with this text "@ErrorHandlingInstructions" instead of the dataslot's value.

I use OE 11.3.0.

Daniel.

Posted by Praveena Ampaty on 31-Jan-2014 03:49

Hi Daniel,

Whatever the value is showing in instructions field in PDSOE, the same value is displaying in email template if we have ${PCTX.WS_INSTRUCTION} in assigned.etl. If we give static text then static text is showing, if we link instructions to dataslot then @dataslotname is showing, it is not checking whether it is a dataslot name or static text in the instruction.

Thanks,

Praveena

Posted by daniel.baciu on 31-Jan-2014 06:12

Hi Praveena,

I see no point to have the setting to link instruction to dataslot if it is not checking weather is a dataslot name in there.

Daniel.

Posted by Praveena Ampaty on 31-Jan-2014 06:37

Yes this is an issue, and we have logged the issue in our bug tracking system

Thanks,

Praveena

This thread is closed