Problems with Common resource project and subversion

Posted by hromkes on 27-Jan-2011 11:49

I have a common resource project.

When I depoy it to the server as a web application adapter, it works fine.

After that I share the project in subversion.

To be able to deploy it, I added the following line to the file dir.map

.svn=EXCLUDED_DIR

Sometimes the deployment seems to work (only one time), but often I get an error.

All the deployments I try after that give an error.

After that I cannot deploy any web applications.

All deployment attempts give the same error.

I have included the error later in this mail.

When I disconnect my Common Resources project from subversion and cleanup the SVN meta information (.svn  directories).

And then deploy it, everything works fine again.

I suspect that the webserver crashes because all subdirectories also have a .svn subdirectory.

The line 

.svn=EXCLUDED_DIR

in the  file dir.map only prevented that the .svn folder from the root of the project was not copied to the server

How can I solve this problem?

Just including all .svn subdirectories can become a long list.

The error is

A server error "Unsupported response content type "text/html", must be: "text/xml". Response was:

<html><head><title>Pramati Server 6.0SP3 - Error report [HTTP Status Code: 503]</title>

<meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252" http-equiv="Content-Type"><style type="text/css"> BODY{ COLOR: #333333; FONT-FAMILY: verdana,sans-serif,Arial,Tahoma }HR {  COLOR: #6699cc}TD { COLOR: #333333; FONT-FAMILY: verdana,sans-serif,Arial,Tahoma; font-size:8pt;}

</style></head>

<body topmargin="0" leftmargin="0" bgcolor="#ffffff" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%">

<tr><td width="30"> </td><td bgcolor="#0099cc"> </td></tr>

<tr><td></td><td>

<table cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%">

<tr><td width="120"><b>Type:</b></td><td>SERVICE UNAVAILABLE</td></tr>

<tr><td colspan="2"><hr size="1"></td></tr>

<tr><td><b>Requested URI:</b></td><td>/sbm/deployment</td></tr>

<tr valign="top"><td><b>Description:</b></td><td><pre>The requested Application has not been started on the server.</pre></td></tr>

<tr><td colspan="2"><hr size="1"></td></tr>

<tr><td colspan="2"><font size="1">Pramati Server running at <b>sv-dev-01:80</b>.</font></td></tr>

</table></td></tr></table></body></html>

" has occurred

regards,

Hendrik Romkes

All Replies

Posted by sandips on 27-Jan-2011 21:38

Hello Hendrik,

From the exception stack trace, it appears that the SBM application deployed in Portal server gets restarted, when any common resource project is deployed as web Application. If you attempt to redeploy any application during that restart phase, you will get that exception as application is not yet ready to surve the request.

Anyways, as you have mentioned that once you isolate the common resource project with subversion, everthing works well, i would wish to test your application at my end. Please zip and attach the same.

Thanks,

Sandip

I

Posted by hromkes on 02-Feb-2011 08:49

Sandip,

The attached zip file contains two folders:

* With Subversion

* Without Subversion

Both folders contain the exact same project.

I could not deploy the project and copied it to the folder "With Subversion"

Then I disconnected from subversion and cleaned up all the svn meta data (.svn folders).

After that I could deploy the project without any problems.

Then I copied it to the folder "Without Subversion" and zipped both folders to the zipfile I have attached.

Regards,

Hendrik

Posted by sandips on 03-Feb-2011 02:25

Hello Hendrik,

I am able to deploy the applciation at my end as i dont have subverion servers instance. I need to check its availibilty to further investigate the issue.Will update you once i am done.

Thanks,

Sandip

This thread is closed