DocumentSlot Bundle

Posted by KoenB on 09-Mar-2012 11:06

We have a problem with the document slot , we thought it worked fine in V 7.6.2 but it doesn't in V 7.6.3.

Situation :

We have a single BizSolo application that start 1 (or more) instance(s).

We create the instance with the PAKCreatePI. Ans give some dataslots with it. 1 of the dataslots is a document bundle.

Now we login on the portal and see the instance is created. When we open it , the dataslots are correct. We click on the Document slot and our document is gone...

No-error here ...

But when I add a document here, I can add it. Until I complete the workstep. Then it gives an error.

Error:

Cannot modify document dataslot folder id for document dataslot named <CustRMADoc> of process template <113> and process instance <796>. Previous value is <F3947>. New value passed is <F3951>; context(DataSlotDAO.checkDocumentDS()) | WorkerThread#1[10.0.10.1:63474] |#]

You can check the bizlogic and bizsolo file if you want.

Someone know what goes wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Koen.

bizlogic.txt.zip

bizsolo.txt.zip

All Replies

Posted by sandips on 12-Mar-2012 07:01

Hello Koen,

First of all you should be able to attach a document and create a ProcessInstance through PAKCreatePI and the dataslots should be available in the created ProcessInstance.

One quick thing you can check if all the dataslots are added/exposed in start workstep  of your Bizsolo application.

For your reference I have attahced a working application, deploy both application and access bizsolo application to create ProcessInstance.

-

-

Thanks,

Sandip

Posted by KoenB on 15-Mar-2012 08:02

Hi,

I tested it and now I have more details when it fails. But don't ask me why it fails because I don't have an answer for that.

I made a BizSolo application , at the end of the app. we create an instance and give the document as a parameter.

In the portal we have a BizLogic application. That need to show the documents in 5 activities.  We mapped the documents to all.

Activity 1 : Normal Form with Document Slot

Activity 2 : BizSolo Flow with Document Slot

Activity 3 : Normal Form with Document Slot

Activity 4 : BizSolo Flow with Document Slot

Activity 5 : Normal Form with Document Slot

I made 6 pictures and named them 1.png  ... 6.png so its easy to folow.

ActivityPictures I saw (before adding)
Picture I added
Webapp. to start instanceNothing1.png
Portal Activity 11.png2.png
Portal Activity 2 *Nothing3.png
Portal Activity 31.png & 2.png4.png
Portal Activity 43.png5.png
Portal Activity 51.png & 2.png & 4.png6.png

* When we complete Activity 2 it gives an error (the same error I showed before) But when I reopen the activity in the portal the document is added and I can complete the Activity 2.

Seems like the files are saved on another location for the BizLogic part and the BizSolo part...

But I tested something else to. I changed the BizSolo Flows to Flow (Private).

Nog I get the documents in all steps correct, but I have to 'open' the private flows on our browser, not in the portal. When I try to open it in the portal I got this error :

HTTP Status 404 - /sbm/ebmsapps/TestMain_V2/webapp/testje/Start.jsp

type Status report

message /sbm/ebmsapps/TestMain_V2/webapp/testje/Start.jsp

description The requested resource (/sbm/ebmsapps/TestMain_V2/webapp/testje/Start.jsp) is not available.

But when took a direct link to the BizSolo I could see the documents. (After I added a document I had to complete the workstep in the portal because that did not worked automatically)

After I did that I could see all documents in the next Activity.

If I could open the private flows in the portal the problem is fixed...

I added the testproject to the attachments. If you change the private flows to normal flows you can check my testresults (table).

Kind regards,

Koen

Posted by sandips on 16-Mar-2012 05:24

Hello Koen,

It would good if you could provide me your contact deatil and your convinient timeframe so that we can have a call discussion to quickly rule out and address this issue. Once You provide me the details, I will create a ticket in our system on your behlaf and will assist you accordingly.

Thanks,

Sandip

Posted by KoenB on 16-Mar-2012 09:45

Hi,

This is fine for me.

If it's ok for you we can discuss this on monday? I'm available the whole day. ( 9h - 18h Belgium time ).

You can contact me @ koen.boumans@binteq.com.

You can also call @ 0032 3 890 65 14 and ask for Koen Boumans.

Thanks in advance,

Koen.

Posted by sandips on 16-Mar-2012 10:06

Hello Koen,

Sure, Lets discuss on monday..

Thanks,

Sandip

Posted by KoenB on 20-Mar-2012 08:28

Hi,

If it's possible for you I would like to discuss this issue tomorrow (Wednesday 21/3).

I can make some time between 13h - 18h Belgium Time. Do you have time then?

Thanks in advance,

Koen

Posted by sandips on 20-Mar-2012 09:44

Sure!

Thanks,

Sandip

Posted by KoenB on 22-Mar-2012 05:42

Hi Sandip,

I didn't got an email or call from you yesterday.

Maybe it's a good idea to build a demo application that works fine for our needs, you can start from the application i sended earlier.

When you have that then we can discuss it in a webex, this will save us some time because we have an approaching deadline.

What we need is :

1. A BizSolo app. that parse a document bundle to a main BizLogic app. (PAKCreatePI).

2. Main BizLogic app. with some activities ( some of the activities are BizSolo flows with the document slot mapped).

3. BizSolo app. that is connected in the main app and shows all the files from the document bundle.

Thanks in advance,

Koen

Posted by tgoto on 22-Mar-2012 05:46

Hello, I am currently out of the office, returning on March 23. I will respond to your message when I return to the office.

Best Regards,

-Tetsuaki Goto, Progress Software

Posted by Wouter Dupré on 22-Mar-2012 05:46

Hi,

Thank you for your email. Currently I'm out of the office travelling. I will return on April 10. During my absence I will have no/limited access to email. For urgent matters, call our office, or contact Gary Calcott (gcalcott@progress.com).

Kind regards,

Wouter

--

Wouter Dupré

Senior Solutions Consultant

Progress Software NV

A. Stocletlaan 202 B | B-2570 Duffel | Belgium

Office +32 (0) 15 30 77 00 | Mobile +32 (0) 478 50 00 49

Posted by KoenB on 22-Mar-2012 06:14

Combobox image attached.

Thanks in advance,

Koen.

Posted by sandips on 22-Mar-2012 09:56

Hello Koen,

There seems some issuw when you create a ProcessInstance through PAKCreatePI Adadpter with respect to Document Dataslot, The Documents are getting displayed in Bizlogic Activities however it does not shows up in Bizsolo Forms. Seems a BUG I will further investigate and will update you soon.

Thanks,

Sandip

Posted by KoenB on 22-Mar-2012 10:04

Hi Sandip,

Ok , I hope you find a way to show the documents.

The documents from the BizSolo activities are shown in the other BizSolo's , and the documents from the BizLogic in the BizLogic's. Maybe the file location is different for the 2 types of activities?

When you change the flow activities to private flow activities it does work , but then you have to start the BizSolo activities outside the portal... but this need to be in the portal...

Kind Regards,

Koen.

Posted by vpandey on 22-Mar-2012 12:02

Hello Koen,

I did a quick test of the scenario and got the same problematic result. However, the if there is activity1 and activity2 in a bizlogic for example and user are able to see the documents till activity1 and not in activity2 (as the presentation of this activity is a bizsolo flow). If the user does a save operation on the activity1 he would be able to see the documents on activity2 as well. This is not appropriate because completion of activity1 itself would have taken care of that, but, there is something that is missing here and probably would have been exposed as a part of regression.

Thanks

--Vikas

Posted by KoenB on 27-Mar-2012 02:53

Hi,

It's now 4 days later and our deadline is approaching...

How is the situation about this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Koen.

Posted by ttalboom on 27-Mar-2012 02:56

Dear reader, I am on holiday and have no access to email from March 24th until April 2nd.

In urgent cases, please leave a voicemail on +31 61855 32 62 and I will get back to you as soon as I can- please take into account that I will be in a timezone with GMT -4.

Alternatively you can contact my manager, Jiri de Jagere, on jdejager@progress.com

Urgent technical issues can be handled by Customer Support on http://web.progress.com/en/support/index.html

Posted by Admin on 27-Mar-2012 03:06

It's now 4 days later and our deadline is approaching...

In that case, I personally would rather open a tech support case than relying on forum participation.

Posted by KoenB on 07-Apr-2012 20:14

Hi all,

I have another question about the document bundle.

Is there an easy way to delete all the files attached to the dataslot ?

Thanks in advance,

Koen

Posted by Wouter Dupré on 07-Apr-2012 20:16

Hi,

Thank you for your email. Currently I'm out of the office travelling. I will return on April 17. During my absence I will have no/limited access to email. For urgent matters, call our office, or contact Gary Calcott (gcalcott@progress.com).

Kind regards,

Wouter

--

Wouter Dupré

Senior Solutions Consultant

Progress Software NV

A. Stocletlaan 202 B | B-2570 Duffel | Belgium

Office +32 (0) 15 30 77 00 | Mobile +32 (0) 478 50 00 49

Posted by sandips on 09-Apr-2012 06:35

Hello Keon,

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to remove all the documents altogether in document dataslot through Portal however through API you can invoke removeDocuments() on DocumentDS object.

Thanks,

Sandip

This thread is closed